Friday, January 23, 2015

Pooched

How much did I pooch this blog? Last entry was in Oct. 2014. It's now the back nine of January 2015.

Sigh.

Part of my apathy was that I read the fewest number of books I have in awhile. I only managed 33, and three of those were re-reads. Meh.

So what did I read after A Queen's Play...



  • The World of Ice and Fire - GRRM, Elio Garcia and Linda Antonsson (loved it)
  • Celtika - Robert Holdstock (kinda liked it)
  • The Best Laid Plans - Terry Fallis (didn't like it)
  • The Bat - Jo Nesbo (liked the ending)
  • Mistborn - Brandon Sanderson (liked it, but not liking the follow up)
  • The Lily and the Lion - Maurice Druon (loved it)

I tried to branch out this year, with the reading of a couple of sci-fi books. It just reminded me why I don't read sci-fi.

I was introduced to the sublime Dorothy Dunnett and her creation Lymond of Crawford.

Lev Grossman finished his Magicians books, and I think that was my favourite of the year. Special mention goes to Serpent of Venice and Boy, Snow, Bird.

Time to up my game again for 2015. I WILL do 50 books this year darnit!


No comments: